Kyle Quinn concentrates exclusively on family law matters, helping people at some of the most emotionally difficult and financially uncertain points in their lives. These matters include but are not limited to prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, divorce, separate maintenance, property division, child support, spousal support (alimony), custody, and parenting time.
Clients not only value Kyle’s knowledge and integrity but also value his clear, straight-shooting advice and communication. He translates legal complexities into language that clients understand. Every matter is factually distinct, and Kyle listens carefully to his clients to help identify what is most important to them and provides practical and creative solutions to achieve their goals.
Kyle regularly utilizes negotiation and dispute resolution techniques to obtain favorable resolutions for his clients’ often complex legal matters. However, when trial advocacy is needed, he is an aggressive and skilled litigator with significant experience in the courtroom.
Kyle regularly writes and presents on family law topics and trends, and actively participates in the family law sections of the State Bar of Michigan and Grand Rapids Bar Association. He is highly regarded and respected by his peers and the judges before whom he appears.
- Wisconsin (inactive)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- “Privilege: A Practical Primer on Privilege” – ICLE Family Law Institute, November 2021 (Seminar Presenter);
- “Fundamentals of Divorce Practice and Procedure: Valuing & Dividing the Marital Estate” – ICLE, October 2021 (Seminar Presenter)
- “Handling Property Division & Spousal Support Issues: Distinguishing Martial & Separate Property” – ICLE, April/May 2021 (Seminar presenter)
- “Pre- and Postnuptial Agreements: Discovery and Trial of Marital Agreement Disputes” – ICLE, June 2020 (Seminar Presenter)
- “Civility: Advocating in the Midst of Bad Behavior” – ICLE Family Law Institute, November 2019 (Seminar Co-Presenter)
- “Separate Property Update” – ICLE Family Law Institute, November 2018 (Seminar Co-Presenter)
- “Fundamentals of Divorce Practice and Procedure: Valuing and Dividing Property” – ICLE, October 2018 (Seminar Presenter)
- “Pre- and Postnuptial Agreements: Postnuptial Agreements and Modification of Marital Agreements” – ICLE, April 2017 (Seminar Presenter)
- “Fundamentals of Divorce Practice and Procedure: Valuing and Dividing the Marital Estate” – ICLE, September 2015 (Seminar Presenter)
- “Be Smart About Smart Phone E-Discovery; Learn What to Secure and How to Secure It” – Family Law Section, Grand Rapids Bar Association, September 2014 (Presenter)